[ZODB-Dev] Multi-version concurrency control

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Wed Oct 1 00:04:23 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 10:15, Casey Duncan wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2003 11:41 am, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> > I've posted a first draft of the project plan in the Wiki.
> > http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/MultiVersionConcurrencyControl
>
> Another (related) question: How does all of this effect _p_independent? Is it
> still relevent with MVCC? I suspect it is, but it certainly becomes more
> subtle.

In my strawcrow implementation, _p_independent() is always honored in
place of MVCC.  That is, if you've got an independent thingy, you always
get the current version of it.  I've never used the _p_independent()
hack, so I'm not sure whether that makes sense.

If you've got a sensible use of it, we should get it into the test suite
and make sure it works with the real MVCC implementation.

Jeremy