[ZODB-Dev] What does this POSKeyError mean?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Oct 9 15:00:53 EDT 2003

Chris Withers wrote at 2003-10-9 15:39 +0100:
 > Dieter Maurer wrote:
 >
 > >  >      (Object: /home/zope/x.fs)
 > >  > POSKeyError: 00000000000047dc
 > >
 > > What is always means: You try to reference an object (identified via
 > > an OID) which is not present in the storage.
 >
 > Well, I can see no reason for an OID nto to be present in the storage.

Are you using Plone, by chance?

Within the last few weeks I read 3 problem reports about POSKeyErrors
in the "plone-users" mailing list.
Plone may do some special things that trigger POSKeyErrors.

 > How would I find out what's going on here?

I do not know. Up to now, I have never had a POSKeyError.

I probably would start with "fsdump" trying to find out when
the object disappeared.

Dieter