[ZODB-Dev] Odd output from checkbtrees.py

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Fri Sep 5 17:54:34 EDT 2003

[Paul Winkler]
> (From the interesting-for-no-particular-reason department:
> for reasons I don't understand, the combinations appeared in the
> output in discrete clumps of length N ** M, where N = len(foo.items())
> and M is an increment, but there would generally be a long
> section of unrelated stuff in between e.g.  the clump of
> length N ** 4 and the clump of length N ** 5.)

Yup, checkbtrees.py does a *breadth* first search from the root object, so
it naturally lists reachable objects in increasing (well, non-decreasing)
length of access path from the root object.  So it's not an accident that
objects got clumped according to length, but it's not terribly useful either
<wink>.