[ZODB-Dev] ZEO non-communication problem

Christian Reis kiko at async.com.br
Thu Sep 11 12:34:10 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 03:30:37PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> >You may be able to check this by running python -v, but I don't recall
> >how exactly it prints import status.  You could also attach to the
> >dormant Zope process with gdb and see where it's threads are sitting.
>
> Eeep. Hmmm... suppose I should bite the bullet and learn this some time,
> any how-to's around? Where are the docs for gdb? Won't that give me
> C-ish stuff? Hwo do I relate that back to Python?

A nice tutorial is hard to find:
http://users.actcom.co.il/~choo/lupg/tutorials/debugging/debugging-with-gdb.html

Basically, just gdb <pid>, and then do a "where"; it should report the
(C) call stack. It isn't directly relatable to Python, but it will give
you the general idea of what it's doing (hung on an unfinished read,
sleeping, select()ing, etc).

Take care,