[ZODB-Dev] ZEO non-communication problem (running as root, setuid)

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Thu Sep 11 17:13:06 EDT 2003

Lou Scalpati wrote:

> I had this same problem....  Make sure you are starting up both zeo
> client and zeo server NOT AS ROOT - do not use the -u switch it does not
> work.

Okay, this is interesting, because this is what I'm doing...

Does -u only not work with 2.6.2? or ZODB 3.1.3?

The reason I ask is that I've been successfully doing this for about 3 years on
another setup which is currently running Zope 2.6.1 and ZEO 2.0.1b1...

cheers,

Chris

PS: I did notice that on the storage server, the log files had to exist already,
as otherwise they were created as root, and when the setuid happened, ZEO's
strt.py couldn't write to them. Is that a bug? If so, where?