[ZODB-Dev] Data lossage

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Sep 15 11:13:51 EDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 02:24:06PM +0400, Vladimir Voznesensky wrote:
> Hi.
> As you mentioned, your database file is about 2Gbytes in size.
> 2GB is the maximum file size in many linux platforms because of 32-bit
> signed offsets.
> Consider a possibility that ZODB uses 32-bit signed integers to handle
> it's file database.
> VV

Well, actually the Data.fs in question is currently 1.9 GB, and
at one time several months ago it peaked a bit over 3 GB.
I built python with large file support and made sure the underlying
platform was OK with it.  We were over 2 GB for several months and
everything ran fine during that time.

I would be really surprised if, at this stage in its life,
ZODB could fail on an integer overflow without logging any problem.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com