[ZODB-Dev] question

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Wed Sep 17 15:22:52 EDT 2003

[Dieter Maurer]
>> You may also want to use MVCC (Multi Version Concurrency Control)
>> (e.g. as implemented in my "No more ReadConflictErrors" patch) as
>> otherwise, long living transactions may see a higher probability
>> of ReadConflictErrors.

[Christian Reis]
> I've read about your patch before on the list, but I never tried it
> personally because RCEs haven't shown themselves to be a real problem
> in this application. I'll be experimenting with it later, but the real
> question is why hasn't it been considered for inclusion in 3.2?

The 3.2 feature set was frozen before the first 3.2 beta release (which
happened in May).

Jeremy should be starting a Wiki page on MVCC next week, and that will be
the place to discuss implementation tradeoffs.  I think everyone is in favor
of MVCC, but (of course) there's more than one way to get it done.