[ZODB-Dev] ZEO Web site maintenance

John Belmonte jvb at prairienet.org
Mon Sep 22 09:55:35 EDT 2003

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> Im not sure who maintains the ZEO web site.... The first google hit for ZEO is
> http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO, but that page only references obsolete
> releases :-(

I'll add +1 ":-(".  Trying to find "the real state of ZEO/ZODB" has been
an exercise in frustration.  Most of the pages encountered by googling
seem years out of date.  The documentation included with the library is
in equally sad shape.  For example, I challenge anyone to find a record
of when user-level conflict resolution, which is not documented in the
distribution, was added to ZODB-- or the fact that the BTree classes
already use it.

As for the wiki's, I suppose we could start writing "this is obsolete"
on any pages that deserve it.

I'll share a few links to recent writings, found only after days of
searching.

     * http://old.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZODB2
     * http://www.tchezope.org/traducoes/gdz_python/Persistence.html
     * http://www.python.org/~jeremy/weblog/030514.html - on ZODB