[ZODB-Dev] Quick ZODB connection synch question

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Fri Sep 26 04:10:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

Was just debugging something using a python prompt connected to a Zope 2.6.1
storage server:

 >>> app
<Application instance at 01420020>
 >>> app.title
'Zope'

Now, at this point, I went and changed the title through the web client.

 >>> app.title
'Zope'

Hmmm, okay, maybe I need to do something with the transaction to get things to
synch...

 >>> get_transaction().abort()
 >>> get_transaction().begin()
 >>> app.title
'Zope'

Hmmm, nope, okay, connections have a synch method, right?

 >>> app._p_jar.synch()
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: Connection instance has no attribute 'synch'

Wrong :-(
What should I be doing here?
I _am_ suprised that aborting and beginning a transaction doesn't synch the
connection...

Chris