[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB-Dev Digest, Vol 6, Issue 19

Martin Kretschmar kretschmar at infoman.de
Tue Sep 30 04:37:17 EDT 2003

Hello,

> Tim Peters wrote:
> If so, you could probably
> provoke problems much more easily on a Windows box, where time.time()
> updates only 18.2 times per second (this is in some sense the opposite of
> what happens on Linux:  on Windows time.time() has only ~= 0.055 second
> resolution while on Linux time.time() typically has microsecond
resolution;
> but time.clock() on Windows typically has sub-microsecond resolution while
> time.clock on Linux typically has 0.01 second resolution).

I don't have the source code ready, but I
would like to point out that the Microsoft
time() function is somewhat broken. E.g.
it remembers somehow its timezone on its
first call. So changing the timezone while
a program is running results in extra trouble.
Of course the WIN32 API calls work as they
should. :| I also had always very reasonable
millisecond values while working the the
WIN32 API and remote procedure calls.

So maybe the WIN32 Python implementation
should be using this if not already does.

Regards,
           Martin