[ZODB-Dev] ZODB _v_ attributes are tricky

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu Apr 1 19:24:53 EST 2004

I would love it if someone who believes they understand the intricacies of
_v_ attributes wrote comprehensive docs.  I don't know of adequate docs for
them now, and can't make time in the near future to reverse-engineer what
the actual truth is from staring at the code.

Plain English text would be fine.  If we had such a writeup, it would be
easy then to LaTeX-ify it and merge it into the ZODB/ZEO Programming Guide
(which is generated from LaTeX source):

    http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/index.html

Or is there a better place for it?

Throughout my brief life as a part-time ZODB/ZEO developer, I've been
frustrated by the lack of accurate and complete documentation.  Experienced
users on the mailing lists have been great at answering questions, but if
would be better if the answers were organized, and in one place, for the
benefit of all.