[ZODB-Dev] Using ZCatalog outside Zope?

pm5 at matilda.fiorile.org pm5 at matilda.fiorile.org
Fri Apr 2 02:25:16 EST 2004

Hi,

Sorry if this is not strictly a ZODB problem.  I was trying to use
ZODB outside Zope and it works perfectly.  So now I'm seeking to
build an index layer on top of it.  It is said (for example, in
[1]here) that ZCatalog would be my best shot.

 1. http://zephyrfalcon.org/weblog/arch_d7_2004_03_27.html#e532

But ZCatalog is not a standalone product like ZODB.  Although the
[2]tutorial mensioned that most of the indexing work resides in
module Catalog, it still depends on Acquisition, ExtensionClass,
zLOG, such and such, so I cannot import it directly.

 2. http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ZCatalogTutorial

So can anyone give me a hint, should I try to adapt ZCatalog to
a non-Zope environment, or should I leave it and go build my own
indexing layer?