[ZODB-Dev] import problem?

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 03:05:24 EST 2004

Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:

> Probably because of the bad design of the code or so...
> I am curious: does it really might be changed to its
> right way?

Don't be too sure about this ;-)

Packages/modules/etc are some of the most disappointing areas for me in python.
They behave inconsistently, and I wouldn't be suprised if there is no way to ask
python for the fully qualified dot-path of a class from a package relative to
the python path :-/

Sadly, this is something I think Java got right over python...

That said, yes, given that this much should have been apparent to whoever
designed this bit of ZODB, it's suprising that there isn't a mapping of class
name to thing-stored-in-ZODB-data that could be remapped later when thigns move
around...

just my 2p,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk