[ZODB-Dev] ZODB _v_ attributes are tricky

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Wed Apr 7 09:28:32 EDT 2004

Tim Peters wrote:
> [John Belmonte
>
>>Why not use the existing ZODB wiki (http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB)?
>
> I don't want to run thru adminstrative gauntlets whenever someone wants to
> edit this.
>
>     http://zope.org/Members/tim_one/ZODBTopics/
>
> is intended to be used by the community, not to be an officially supported
> "resource" of Zope Corporation (if I asked for permission to do the latter,
> 2 months from now someone would tell me it's not a priority -- or, worse,
> that it is, and here are 12 pages of agreements contributors have to sign
> first <wink>).

The document at <http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage> begins with "This
is a place to gather useful information [...] about the Zope Object
Database."  That, combined with the fact that it's a wiki able to be
edited by the public, led me to believe that writings such as those you
have done would be welcome.  Indeed, I had started a home page there
which holds my ZODB wart and wish lists.  If I've jumped to the wrong
conclusion, please let me know.

I don't think it's a good idea to have ZODB wiki content scattered all
over.  It's confusing enough having an "old ZODB wiki" still online, on
top of the incredible ZODB version maze.

-John

--
http:// if  ile.org/