[ZODB-Dev] Re: Python module namespace pollution

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Apr 20 05:38:35 EDT 2004

Barry Warsaw wrote:

>>>What about BTrees?
>>
>>I'm thinking b.trees ;^)
>

> I guess that's what bugs me about "z.odb".  It seems too cutesy.

In what way is it cutesy?  The "Z" in ZODB doesn't mean anything other
than that it comes from the Zope project. It's just a brand.
I want to get away from "Z" names (e.g. ZODB, ZConfig, zdaemon, etc.) and
simply use packages.  The "B" in BTrees isn't like the "Z". A BTree is
a type of data structure. It doesn't make any sense to split the "B" off.
The "B" is not a brand.

Jim