[ZODB-Dev] open/close pb

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Apr 23 17:09:02 EDT 2004

Vincent Rioux wrote at 2004-4-23 15:06 +0200:
>sorry for a probably very naive question,
>I am facing some problems with ZODB3-3.3a2.win32-py2.3.exe
>
>First (not a problem really) I always get this message:
>  There are two possibilities:
>
>  1. You don't care about ExtensionClass. You are importing
>     Persistence because that's what you imported in the past.
>     In this case, you should really use the persistent package
>     instead:
>
>        >>> from persistent import Persistent
>        >>> from persistent.list import PersistentList
>        >>> from persistent.mapping import PersistentMapping
>
>  2. You want your classes to be ExtensionClasses. In this case,
>     you need to install the ExtensionClass package
>     separately. ExtensionClass is no-longer included with ZODB3.
>

>warn("""Couldn't import the ExtensionClass-based base class

>even, If I explicitely changed my code to only import:
>from ZODB.FileStorage import FileStorage
>from ZODB import DB
>from persistent import Persistent

Tell Python that it should turn this warning into an exception
(you can use the "warning" framework for this -- documentation
in the Python library reference) and look at the resulting
traceback. This should tell you, where "ExtensionClass" is
(unsuccessfully) imported.

>Secondly, I find myself in trouble when I :
>- open a database file
>- close it
>- open an other database file
>- try to save it => i get
>"No handlers could be found for logger "txn.3244"
>and I get a ValueError.

Apparently, the ZODB code tries to log something but
the logging framework is not set up properly.

Look at the traceback to find out where the problem occured.

--
Dieter