[ZODB-Dev] Lag in ZEO updating across clients?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Apr 29 04:23:18 EDT 2004

Hello,

[ZODB/ZEO-level=newbie]

we are using ZEO and directory storage in development to replace
LocalFS... after much hell in reverseengineering the object wrapper of
LocalFS we have finally managed to create scripts that will migrate from
LocalFS to a DirectoryStorage based storage.

However I am seeing a lag of up to a minute or so before the ZEO clients
actually see the changes. The files we are moving range in size from a
few kilobytes to tens of megabytes.

Is this normal behaviour? Can I tune this? what factors affect the
propagation of changes accross the clients?

Any insight is appreciated.

/dario