[ZODB-Dev] ReadConflictError while re-indexing big fat index
chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 06:41:49 EDT 2004
I'm pretty sure this has been gone over before, but I thought I'd spark
off another discussion 'cos this is a little bit disturbing.
I'm currently getting this:
* Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 649, in searchResults
* Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 753, in searchResults
* Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 496, in search
* Module Products.PluginIndexes.PathIndex.PathIndex, line 234, in
* Module Products.PluginIndexes.PathIndex.PathIndex, line 185, in
* Module ZODB.Connection, line 561, in setstate
* Module ZODB.Connection, line 590, in _is_invalidated
ReadConflictError: database read conflict error (oid 000000000001ff36,
...while re-indexing a big text index (nb: not a PathIndex)
The indexing is happening on a dedicated ZEO client so as not to impact
on the site's performance, however, getting the above error on every
page impacts somewhat more on the Site's performance ;-)
This raises some questions for me:
1. What is the above error message really trying to tell me?
(it's a pretty obscure message ;-)
2. How SHOULD I try and re-index a large text index without effectively
taking down the whole site for an hour or two.
3. (Because I figure it's kinda relevent here and I like asking
questions in 3's ;-)
When is MVCC due to land and will it help with this problem?
Simplistix - Content Management, Zope & Python Consulting
More information about the ZODB-Dev