[ZODB-Dev] ZEO client cache weirdities: Bug or Caution?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 17:57:46 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote at 2004-8-2 19:17 +0100:

>>Especially as I often connect from the client on my desktop to my test
>>storage server, and then flip it onto the live storage server (which was
>>why it only showed a few indexes...)
>
> Not sure I understand what you do...
>
> But when I get it right, then you do something you should definitely
> not do:
>
>   You cannot use the same ZEO client cache to connect to
>   different ZEO servers -- as should be obvious...

Well, the weird one wasn't that, it was just upgrading Zope.
Seems in doing that I somehow ended up with a a stale cache. Most odd..

And as for your statement about obvious, how so?
Where's the documentation I should have read?

I expected the invalidation stuff to go "hang on, my storage server has
changed" and dump the whole lot. Not doing so seems pretty dangerous
here :-S

Is it just me that's bumped into this?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk