[ZODB-Dev] [BTrees] considerable optimization potential in "intersection"

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 4 16:15:30 EDT 2004

Hi Tim,

we observed that "intersection(IISet((i,)), IOBTreeInstance)"
accesses much more data in the "IOBTreeInstance"
(and therefore is *MUCH* slower (by several orders when the tree has
to be loaded from external storage)) then
"IOBTreeInstance.has_key(i)".

As there is no theoretical reason why "intersection" should
access more data then the "has_key" test, there is
obviously unused optimization potential.

Would you mind when I tried to optimize "intersection"?

--
Dieter