[ZODB-Dev] Accessing Plone through ZEO back door?

Jim Roepcke jim at roepcke.com
Sun Aug 22 01:28:51 EDT 2004

On Aug 21, 2004, at 4:37 PM, Kirby Urner wrote:

> Let me see if I've got this straight:  Zeo serves the ZODB using
> ClientStorage, but isn't aware of Products, which are at the Zope
> layer (and above).  So the reason I get errors when doing

The ZEO *server* isn't aware of products, but ZEO clients are.  ZEO
clients is another way of saying "Zope instance that connects to a
remote ZODB", where remote ZODB implies "ZEO server".

Your script needs to make sure it adds SOFTWARE_HOME (which is
Zope/lib/python) to the sys.path, if it isn't already there.  I can't
remember if you have to add anything in the INSTANCE_HOME if you're
using an INSTANCE_HOME, or if Zope figures that out.

>   >>> storage = ClientStorage.ClientStorage(('localhost',8100))
>   >>> db = DB(storage)
>   >>> conn = db.open()
>   >>> root = conn.root()
>   >>> app = root['Application']
>   >>> app.reset()

Since this code is acting as a client to the ZEO server, it does need
the products.

Jim

--
Jim Roepcke