[ZODB-Dev] ImportError: cannot import name Interface

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Wed Aug 25 17:10:16 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 04:36:15PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Diez Roggisch, gets a Mystery ImportError on Interface in 3.3b2]
>
> [Christian Robottom Reis]
> > 9 out of 10 ZODB-dev subscribers bet you have PythonCAD installed <wink>.
> > The only workaround I know of currently is removing PythonCAD, but (hey
> > Art!) this problem was discussed earlier and a solution should be in the
> > queue.
>
> Whatever that is, I would like a different workaround for the next ZODB 3.3.
> I've never seen this before, so am ill-prepared to test it.

It's easy to understand:

    .../python2.x/site-packages/PythonCAD.pth:
        PythonCAD

    .../python2.x/site-pachages/PythonCAD/
        Interface
        Application

Having PythonCAD's Interface in the global namespace is naughty.

>     get BTrees/__init__.py into an editor
>     delete the entire content

Done here. It appears to work -- as far as

    from BTrees import OOBTree

works. Is that good enough?

Take care,
--