[ZODB-Dev] Heavy size increasing of database after adding an object

Manuel Markwort mma at ratio.de
Wed Dec 1 11:20:07 EST 2004

I adding my own ZClass Objects in the data.fs. After adding a new
instance of those objects the database size increases heavily in
opposition of the real object size. Before I add the instance to the
database it's size is 26.6MB, after commiting the transaction the size
is about 26.9MB. After packing the database the size is 26.6MB again.
What happened in the background? It is possible to avoid this high
increasing of the database without packing after adding the object?