[ZODB-Dev] Heavy size increasing of database after adding an object

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Dec 1 14:06:57 EST 2004

Manuel Markwort wrote at 2004-12-1 17:20 +0100:
>I adding my own ZClass Objects in the data.fs. After adding a new
>instance of those objects the database size increases heavily in
>opposition of the real object size. Before I add the instance to the
>database it's size is 26.6MB, after commiting the transaction the size
>is about 26.9MB. After packing the database the size is 26.6MB again.
>What happened in the background? It is possible to avoid this high
>increasing of the database without packing after adding the object?

"fsdump" will tell you the classes of objects that participate
in this transaction.

I have "fsdump" extended to include the size as well
and posted the code to "zodb-dev". But, almost surely,
the extension did not make it into the official code (as almost
every extension). Maybe, you find the post in the archive?

--
Dieter