[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.2.5b1 internal release

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Mon Dec 13 13:30:19 EST 2004

There's a Zope 2.7.4b2 release planned for later this week.  To formalize
the version of ZODB that will ship with that, I made an "internal" release
of ZODB 3.2.5b1, meaning that all the changes needed for a release have been
checked into CVS, and that the ZODB3 module was tagged (with ZODB3-3-2-5b1).
I do not intend to finish a 3.2.5 release process until 3.2.5 final, meaning
that I don't intend to cut tarballs, make a Windows installer, or update any
web pages before 3.2.5 final.

Here's the NEWS for 3.2.5b1; there have been no other changes since 3.2.4
final:

What's new in ZODB3 3.2.5b1?
============================
Release date: 13-Dec-2004

This was an internal release, to coincide with Zope 2.7.4b2.

FileStorage
-----------

Collector 1581:  When an attempt to pack a corrupted ``Data.fs`` file was
made, it was possible for the pack routine to die with a reference to an
undefined global while it was trying to raise ``CorruptedError``.  It
raises ``CorruptedError``, as it always intended, in these cases now.

ExtensionClass

The deallocation function for ``ExtensionClass`` instances wasn't
entirely correct when an instance's ``__del__`` method resurrected the
instance.  This could lead to segfaults, but only under a debug build
of Python and ExtensionClass.