[ZODB-Dev] "Time travel" conflict errors in Zope

Malcolm Cleaton malcolm at jamkit.com
Mon Dec 20 05:29:25 EST 2004

Hi.

One of our servers, after the disk filled up, started showing some "time
travel" conflict errors.

When trying to commit a change, the error shown would say that a conflict
occurred, and would show two dates, which appeared to be the date the
object was loaded and the (later) date some other thread had changed it.
The strange issue was, the date the error claimed the object had been
loaded was several hours in the past, and remained there even after
restarting the server.

We were able to get rid of the errors by truncating the Data.fs. They
later returned immediately after a cache rotation, but we deleted the
cache files. I feel like I'm playing whack-a-mole, and I'd prefer to
understand what on earth could cause these "conflict" errors where there
is no conflict.

Can anybody shed any light?

Thanks,
Malcolm.