[ZODB-Dev] removing invalid object references

ethan fremen lists at mindlace.net
Sat Dec 25 11:45:12 EST 2004

Tim Peters wrote:
> [ethan fremen]
>
>>I'm trying to repair a Data.fs that seems to have a few issues. Mostly,
>>they involve references to objects that don't exist- this is after doing
>>fsrecover.py on the database.
>

> So fstest.py runs without complaint now?

fsrecover.py runs without complaint, fstest.py runs without complaint.
fsrefs.py complains about two (new) objects before dying with the same
error.

This is after I've used a script I wrote that cobbled together various
other suggestions for finding and deleting broken objects.

The pack fails with an unpickling error, every time, on the same object.
  Unfortunately it gives me no indication as to what object is so
horked; no OID, no nothing.

I'm not sure how to proceed at this point; I guess I'd like to find some
way to tell the pack operation "if you can't unpickle, seek forward
until you find another header, and just don't bother with this one".

I don't know if that's the right way to approach it, but that's what
occurs to me at the moment.

~ethan fremen