[ZODB-Dev] Error in zmi when an object is named 'URL' or 'URL1'

Eric Brun eric.brun at univ-savoie.fr
Wed Feb 4 09:29:39 EST 2004

When I create a object (like Folder or DTMLMethod or ...) with name 'URL' or 'URL1' .... , I can't access to the content of my parent folder which contain this new folder :

Zope Error

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: __getslice__

I think its a conflic namespace between REQUEST object and Folder Object in the manage_main methed (OFS/dtml/main.dtml).
Note I try it on Zope.org : no problem to create but then I can't copy/paste anything in my folder : the same error happened.
In the copy / paste the problem is the same because when REQUEST is not None in manage_copyObjects and manage_cutObjects
the returned method is self.manage_main(self, REQUEST).

Eric Brun
Savoie Technologie
Savoie Technolac