[ZODB-Dev] How are modified *TreeSets stored?

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Tue Feb 10 09:51:26 EST 2004

I've been debugging some conflict errors in our desktop application
(which now has users to generate them, finally) and I ran into something
that [initially] surprised me: I never create IISets in my code, and yet
I'm finding IISets in the storage.

Since I *do* create IITreeSets, and taking the hint from
http://zope.org/Members/ajung/BTrees/DataTypes [*] that TreeSets are not
persisted all at once, my current hypothesis is that, in the same
fashion as BTrees, which are persisted in Bucket-typed chunks when
changed, the TreeSet objects are persisted in Set-typed chunks.  Am I
right?

[*] The thing that bothers me is that Andreas' text says that TreeSets are
persisted in Buckets, but that can't be true, since Buckets are
essentially mappings, since they contain key, value pairs, right?

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 261 2331