[ZODB-Dev] Webkit Threading and ZODB 3.3a2: problems on Windows

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Thu Feb 19 13:55:22 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 01:48:48PM -0500, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> If the above guess is correct, you would benefit from the experimental
> support for binding transactions to connections (like Kapil mentioned.)

As a data point, this "experimental" support in my experience works
*really* well, and we've got tens of people hammering all day creating
and changing objects (the largest BTree has just gone over 100,000 items
and growing 1000 objects/week).

> The API is still experimental because connection-bound transactions really
> ought to be set up at the time you open the database, not when you open
> the connection.  The API is simple enough that we haven't had a strong
> reason to fix it, though.

Because I use them via IndexedCatalog's Shelf, it appears to us as if
the setting is bound to the database itself, but you're right; mixing
local transactions with non-local ones may be a problem I hadn't
considered yet.

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 261 2331