[ZODB-Dev] Webkit Threading and ZODB 3.3a2: problems on Windows

Matt Feifarek matt at dalchemy.com
Thu Feb 19 14:21:15 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 01:03:00PM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
| Alas, it wasn't clear in the original report whether threads *are* getting
| created and destroyed, or whether the threads in the pool hang around
| forever.  If the latter, it doesn't matter how ofter tids get reused;
| whether on Linux or Windows, no two threads *simultaneously* alive will
| return the same tid.

I'm pretty sure that they're hanging around forever. I'll look at the
appserver source and see if I can be completely sure.

Yes, no two threads can ever have the same tid, but what about when a
servlet runs, doesn't .commit() or .abort(), and 10 minutes later, it
runs again?

Same tid, different objects, different circumstances, maybe this time
there's a change to commit?