[ZODB-Dev] Webkit Threading and ZODB 3.3a2: problems on Windows

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Thu Feb 19 15:46:34 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 15:09, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>
> > I thought we had done something to raise an exception when a closed
> > connection was involved in a transaction, but I can't find any code to
> > do that.  (Shane, if you're listening, do you remember?)
>
> ZODB raises an exception if you try to load ("unghostify") an object from
> a closed connection.  A closed connection ought to do something similar
> when you try to store, but Connection.register() currently just lets it
> go.  It seems like an easy fix.

I was thinking about the case where an object is registered with a
transaction and its connection is closed.  The connection, in general,
doesn't have a good way to ask about the transaction.  If the connection
is closed, at least there will be an error at commit time.  If the
connection is closed and re-opened, I think it will just do something
strange.

Jeremy