[ZODB-Dev] Re: Gadfly with ZEO clients - anyone trying this?

Ken Wasetis kwasetis at sprinc.com
Wed Feb 25 13:18:34 EST 2004

Thanks, Chris.

Since my system is running on Windows 2000, and since I expect minmal
load from this part of the application (storing entries to a contest
into a relational DB; I use ZODB for everything else, just about), I'm
likely to look into ODBC with one of the databases you mention.  I don't
want to get bogged down with recompiling everything just to get an
optimized database driver working.

Anyone have any recommendations one way or the other of using Zope/ODBC
with MySQL or Postgres or Firebird?  I've never actually used Firebird,
so would likely go with one of the other two.  And with recent screwing
around of the MySQL license, I might shy away from that.

Suggestions?  If not, no problem, I'll just get trying 'em out.

Thanks,

Ken