[ZODB-Dev] importchecker and the zodb

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Feb 26 14:05:52 EST 2004

Hi there,

I have a tool called importchecker which can quite reliably detect
unused imports in large Python packages. It's been used successfully
against Zope 3.

http://www.zope.org/Members/faassen/importchecker

When I run it against Zope 3, I notice that the ZODB code seems to
contain quite a few unused imports as well. I've however refrained in
the past from removing these unused imports from ZODB code.

Do I have permission to run the tool over ZODB as well and remove unused
imports? Of course I'll be running the tests and the like before
checking in.

Should I run it in the ZODB tree or is it okay to run it in the Zope 3
tree -- are these now the same trees in CVS?

Alternatively of course you can download the tool and run it yourself.
It's quite simple to use, and if you use emacs putting the output in a
buffer and using 'compilation-mode' will point you to the right files
automatically.

Regards,

Martijn