[ZODB-Dev] help enabling conflict resolution

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Sun Feb 29 15:37:27 EST 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> "FileStorage" inherits from "ConflictResolvingStorage".
> You need not to work in this areas (if you are using "FileStorage").

I see.

> The objects you are using may not have "application specific conflict
> resolution". There is a document about this issue around on "zope.org".

They do, because I wrote the objects.  I'm getting write conflicts
without the _p_resolveConflict methods even being called.  I'm also
getting write conflicts in BTree objects where they shouldn't happen (or
at least should be very rare).

I'm not sure how to debug this or trace the problem because I get
confused with ZEO in the equation.  Only the ZEO server has an actual
FileStorage instance, so does that mean the conflict resolution code
runs only on the server?  The ClientStorage doesn't have to inherit from
ConflictResolvingStorage, right?

-John

--
http:// if  ile.org/