[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Solution to unit test errors: "Connection refused" AND "could not load package"

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred at zope.com
Fri Jan 2 11:03:41 EST 2004

David Harris writes:
 > I tracked down to a single character in src/zodb/zeo/schema.xml. The line:
 >
 > <import package="zodb/zeo"/>
 >
 > should be
 >
 > <import package="zodb.zeo"/>

Definately!

 > That's why the "could not load package zodb/zeo" exception occurred. The
 > 'Connection refused' errors naturally followed because the server was never
 > started.
 >
 > A question for the ZConfig experts: why doesn't the '/' present problems for
 > *nix machines?

I don't know that this is what you're seeing; I suspect it relates to
a change to ZConfig, and no one noticed that particular breakage (not
sure why).

ZConfig used to do it's own search of sys.path to locate schema
components, but that was never the right way to deal with package
imports.  I changed ZConfig to use an actual import to locate the
package, and then seach the package's __path__ for the schema
component definition.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>