[ZODB-Dev] API for dooming a transaction for ZODB 3.3

Steve Alexander steve at z3u.com
Thu Jan 8 11:35:48 EST 2004

Steve wrote:

> Yes, that sounds good.

On second thoughts, it sounds bad.

If an external system such as a transactional email sender is used with
the system, I'd want the transactional email sender to know that the
transaction had not committed successfully.

So, I'm now in favour of never committing a doomed transaction.

The publisher can be made a bit smarter to know about doomed
transactions, and behave appropriately.

--
Steve Alexander