[ZODB-Dev] can't connect to daemoned ZEO server in 3.3a2

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Thu Jan 8 19:25:43 EST 2004

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> It works for me.  I can start zeo using zeoctl.py or zdctl.py.  Can you
> provide more details about how it fails?  What logging output do you
> see?  Does netstat show it listening?  Not sure what else to ask.

I found the problem but I'm not sure how to handle it.  It's that my web
server doesn't have write permission on the ZEO server socket file.  The
web server has only group access.  Using zeoctl, and when ZEO is run in
the foreground, the socket file permission is "srwxrwxr-x".  When run in
the background it is "srwxr-xr-x".  Can you explain the difference?

What's the proper way to enable group write on the socket file?

--
http:// if  ile.o g/