[ZODB-Dev] API for dooming a transaction for ZODB 3.3

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Mon Jan 12 04:05:25 EST 2004

On Sunday 11 January 2004 17:39, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> I would be fully happy, when the request client would get an
> error indication, too.
> Otherwise, it may seem to him that the transaction were
> successful while it was in fact aborted.

At the least, he gets an error page saying that something has vetoed the
transaction because of some problem. As Steve describes, we need this doom
feature *because* we cant report the real exception.

Does it make sense to allow doom to provide a nicer error? Perhaps an error
string (as a parameter to the doom method) that will get included in whatever
exception gets raised during commit.

Have I overlooked a discussion of what that exception should be?

--
Toby Dickenson