[ZODB-Dev] ZODB for spambayes server-side filter?

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 12 17:11:06 EST 2004

[Tim Peters]
> FYI, I started the spambayes project, and the initial
> design was made with ZODB's BTrees in mind for the
> primary mapping structure.  The code Jeremy
> referenced lives in the spambayes project's pspam
> directory.  It's probably suffered significant bitrot,
> though (nobody has had time to look at it for
> months and months).

One more quick FYI - the stuff in the pspam directory does work fine now -
it had suffered considerable bitrot, but it was easy enough for someone
familiar with SpamBayes to bring up-to-date, so I did this a couple of weeks
back.  (So this means using spambayes-from-cvs, not the latest source
release).

A request, too, although hopefully you'd be doing this anyway.  If you're
willing, it would be great to let spambayes-dev at python.org see the source to
this, once it's done.  It shouldn't be that hard to convert whatever you
create into a storage class that SpamBayes in general can use.  Your
(Simone) name looks familiar, so you're probably familiar with all the
recent (and not so recent) discussion about what to do for SpamBayes's db...

=Tony Meyer