[ZODB-Dev] Debugging ConflictErrors

Thomas Guettler hv at tbz-pariv.de
Thu Jan 15 11:02:24 EST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2004 15:24 schrieben Sie:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 02:47:21PM +0100, Thomas Güttler wrote:
> > Up to now I log ConflictErrors like this:

[cut]

> I'm not sure I've said this before, but using the root object to hold a
> large/variable number of objects is a Bad Idea. The root object is a
> PersistentMapping, which provides no conflict isolation, and in the long
> run it's almost impossible to do any write-intensive concurrent work
> with one without generating an endless number of conflicts.

Sorry, the was term "root object" was wrong. I meant the object
which holds all my application. It is stored in conn.root()["server"]

This persistent object holds containers which store the data.

It would be nice to have some documentation about ConflictResolution.
In some situations you can ignore that some other thread has written
the data you have read. (ReadConflict)

 thomas