[ZODB-Dev] Timeout in UndoSearch

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Thu Jan 15 11:57:02 EST 2004

> >> I propose this is added to the standard zope distribution, the timeout
> >> should probably be set in an environment variable or something, it would
> >> also be nice if as you click "earlier transactions" the timeout would
> >> increase, but that may be more work than it's worth.

>> Someone else suggested to limit the search by transaction
>> commit time (rather than searching runtime).
>> E.g. give me all "Undo" possibility within the last day/week/month.

I think these are two distinct requirements. The first is a safety limit that
stops your storage spinning for longer than is healthy, and is set by the
storage admin. The second is a different type of filter, set by the
application developer.

Brian; a timeout on the history method would be useful too.

--
Toby Dickenson