[ZODB-Dev] Our sad experience with filestorage (use DirectoryStorage?)

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Fri Jan 16 06:15:01 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:06:07AM +0000, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2004 09:01, panjunyong wrote:
> > >I designed DirectoryStorage to soothe my nervousness in this area. If
> > > there is any area where DirectoryStorage is ahead, this is it.
> >
> > Yes, I heard about this.
> > But I am not sure if DirectoryStorage is stable enough?
>
> It has fewer users, so you are more likely to be the first to encounter minor
> problems due to environmental differences. You are more likely to need to ask
> about problems on the list, rather than find the answer in list archives.

The maintainer is also highly responsive to any messages that contain
the magical word `DirectoryStorage', too, and IMO that's something to be
seriously taken into account when evaluating a storage <wink>.

That should have been listed in the storage comparison chart!

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 261 2331