[ZODB-Dev] Standalone ZODB+ZEO installs

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Sat Jan 17 11:35:08 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 11:34, zodb-dev at netchan.cotse.net wrote:
> Is there any way to install a standalone ZODB and ZEO (as a ZEO server
> for multiple ZOPE instances) without distutils? I hate distutils, it
> binds the application to a specific Python installation and Python
> installations (and Zopes) are changing constantly on my machines.

The distutils default is to put code in the Python installation's
site-packages, but you can override it.  Perhaps you should understand
your enemy <wink>.  If you do a setup.py install --home=/some/dir, it
will install the code in /some/dir/lib/python.  I'm not sure if there is
an option to specify the actual install direction.

Jeremy