[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] revising layout of ZODB3 checkout

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Tue Jan 20 09:52:06 EST 2004

It seems like there is consensus that a reorganization is a good thing.
I realized that there's one more wrinkle.

If I change the layout of the ZODB3 repolinks now, I'll affect all the
maintenance branches.  So we'd need to modify setup.py, MANIFEST, and
probably a few other things for each of the maintenance branches.  The
resulting distributions would look different, too.

Another option is to create a new top-level module, maybe call it ZODB,
and use it for ZODB 3.3 and up.  ZODB3 would linger just to support
maintenance releases.  Since there's no active work on ZODB4 planned, it
doesn't seem like there's much harm in dropping the version number from
the module name.

Anyone have a preference?

Jeremy