[ZODB-Dev] Is anyone *actually* using ZODB versions?

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Tue Jan 27 13:38:43 EST 2004

[Jim Fulton]
>> I'd like to plan to remove it [versions] from base ZODB.

[Barry Warsaw]
> +1.  Versions definitely make storage implementations much more
> complex.

I don't think implementors should have a vote, but +1 from me too if we do
<wink>.

I'll note that when Jeremy started adding non-trivial test cases for
versions, it revealed that lots of stuff plain didn't work right in the
presence of versions.  I hate to think that we spent all that time fixing a
feature nobody uses, but I'd hate even more to continue fixing a feature
nobody uses (e.g., versions complicated the MVCC work too, of course).