[ZODB-Dev] cPickleCache: "Cache values may only be in onecache" error

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Jan 28 03:06:52 EST 2004

--On Freitag, 23. Januar 2004 21:39 Uhr +0100 Andreas Jung
<lists at andreas-jung.com> wrote:
>>> Dieter *may* have uncovered a good clue about that particular one
>>> here:
>>>
>>>     http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2003-December/021115.html
>>>
>>> It would sure be nice if people used the collectors <wink>.
>>
>> Is there any chance refresh involved in this case? It might be useful to
>> disable it and see.
>>

> I had enabled Refresh for this particular product (auto-refresh). Turning
> it
> off seems to have solved the problem...I'll keep an eye on it and complain
> again if the error should come back.

Well, after disabling refresh for this particular I can see this problem
again :-(
In addition I see that the error is now raised sometimes in the Transience
module:

Time  	2004/01/28 09:00:01.214 GMT+1
User Name (User Id) 	admin (admin)
Request URL 	http://yetix:8080/plone/test/id_document_view
Exception Type 	ValueError
Exception Value 	Cache values may only be in one cache.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 221, in commit
    * Module ZODB.Transaction, line 233, in commit
    * Module ZODB.Transaction, line 348, in _commit_objects
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 425, in commit
      __traceback_info__: (('Products.Transience.Transience', 'Increaser'),
'\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0b', '')

ValueError: Cache values may only be in one cache.

and also again somewhere in the BTrees:

 	2004/01/28 09:01:42.094 GMT+1
User Name (User Id) 	admin (admin)
Request URL 	http://yetix:8080/plone/test/id_document_view
Exception Type 	ValueError
Exception Value 	Cache values may only be in one cache.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 221, in commit
    * Module ZODB.Transaction, line 233, in commit
    * Module ZODB.Transaction, line 348, in _commit_objects
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 425, in commit
      __traceback_info__: (('BTrees.OOBTree', 'OOBTree'),
'\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00(', '')

ValueError: Cache values may only be in one cache.

Since my setup is completely straight forward without any tricks and
without false bottom this
appears like a severe problem to me....but no idea how to resolve this.

-aj