[ZODB-Dev] Is anyone *actually* using ZODB versions?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 28 17:10:18 EST 2004

Jim Fulton wrote at 2004-1-27 12:52 -0500:
>I'd like to know, however,
>if anyone is *actually* using this feature.

We do use it occasionally.

  Our latest use has been a change in a life ZCatalog indexing
  structure (we had to convert several "FieldIndex"es to
  "DateIndex"es and then reindex the large catalog).
  Thanks to Versions, this was easy without service interruption.

  Of course, I know that this would also have been possible without
  Versions -- but far less intuitive and easy.

--
Dieter