[ZODB-Dev] ZEO read only question

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jan 29 14:52:15 EST 2004

Jeffrey ALDERMAN wrote at 2004-1-29 11:23 +0000:
>The following is the custom_zodb.py for a Zope instance that I have which is
>connecting to ZEO running under ZRS.
>port_number=<my_port_number>
>
>ZEO_SERVERS=[
>    ('myserver.blah.blah',port_number),
>    ]
>
>from ZEO.ClientStorage import ClientStorage
>Storage = ClientStorage(ZEO_SERVERS, read_only=1)
>2004-01-27T16:14:11 ERROR(200) Zope Couldn't install AnonSkins
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/opt/zope/zrstest/secondary/lib/python/ZEO/ClientStorage.py", line
>831, in tpc_begin
>    raise POSException.ReadOnlyError()
>ReadOnlyError

Several products write the product registry during startup.
I know "Formulator" has this bad behaviour.
Your experience suggests that "AnonSkins" has this behaviour, too.

I think, this is a bug in those products...

You can probably work around it by configuring Zope
not to install products (but use whatever is currently
in the product registry).

There is an environment variable ("FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD") for Zope 2.6.x
and a configuration key ("enable-product-installation")
for Zope 2.7 to control this aspect.

--
Dieter