[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zodb-checkins] SVN: ZODB/tags/3.3.0a2/ Created a tag for the ZODB3, 3 second alpha release. We will try to

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jun 3 05:57:46 EDT 2004

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>>Created a tag for the ZODB 3,3 second alpha release.  We will try to
>>sync the Zope 2 trunk with that so we can make progress on Zope 2
>>without waiting for ZODB 3.3 mounting/multi-database support to be
>>finished.

Alpha 2 ended up being irrelevant.

> Out of curiosity, what is the schedule for the ZODB 3.3 and/or Zope 2.8
> releases?

We hope to make a 3.3 beta release today.

I've been too busy with Zope 3 to pay attention to Zope 2.8.
I hope to change that now that we are getting a Zope 3 beta
out today and hope we'll see a 2.8 alpha in the next few weeks.

 > I wasn't aware that mounting/multi-database support was on the
> plate for 3.3.

Multi-database support is slated for 3.4.  Multi-database
support in ZODB will form for cleaner Zope mounting support.
There will never be mounting support in ZODB, as mounting
is a Zope application application of multi-databases.

Jim